LOWER WAITAKI IRRIGATION COMPANY
The Lower Waitaki Irrigation Company Ltd is a co-operative Company owned by 200 farmer shareholders and manages the day to day operation and supply of irrigation water to 20,000ha of farming properties on the Waitaki Plains, along with supplying water to the Oamaru Township and associated industries.
The Company requires a Race operator to join our team and are looking for a self-motivated person with excellent organisational and communication skills along with a willingness to learn.
Core responsibilities include liaising with shareholders on a daily basis, controlling the race distribution network and carrying out maintenance on canals and race structures.
We are seeking applicants with the following experience and skills:
- Good communication skills.
- Basic mechanical and carpentry skills.
- Basic computer skills and a grasp on modern technology.
- Knowledge of the area and irrigation experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in chemical spray application Growsafe and HSNO certificates an advantage.
- Some machine operating experience, tractors, and excavators.
- Ability to work extended hours during the irrigation season this will include one rostered weekend on every third weekend.
This is a permanent position offering a competitive salary rewarding your experience.
Benefits include a work phone and vehicle. The Company will provide training where required.
You must be motivated and be prepared to work in a team environment and enjoy working in the outdoors.
Applications must be in by August 1st 2014
Please apply in writing along with a current CV to:
The Race Manager
Lower Waitaki irrigation Company
P O Box327, Oamaru
or email to : firstname.lastname@example.org